Re: 'exim', version '4.69', is out of date

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 16:27:41 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> I never got an answer on this, and it keeps appearing in my cron log.. I
> am running Debian Lenny, updated daily.
>

> Warning: Application 'exim', version '4.69', is out of date, and
> possibly a security risk.
> Warning: Application 'gpg', version '1.4.9', is out of date, and
> possibly a security risk.
> Warning: Application 'named', version '9.5.1', is out of date, and
> possibly a security risk.
> Warning: Application 'openssl', version '0.9.8g', is out of date, and
> possibly a security risk.
> Warning: Application 'php', version '5.2.9', is out of date, and
> possibly a security risk.
> Warning: Application 'sshd', version '5.1p1', is out of date, and
> possibly a security risk.
>
> One or more warnings have been found while checking the system. Please
> check the log file (/var/log/rkhunter.log)

I'd say you have installed an application (rkhunter?) to detect any
possible hole in the system that is detecting outdated versions of the
above services.

For example, the latest available version for Exim is 4.71, but I suppose
that having installed a previous version does not mean "per se" to be in
risk.

Just follow the advice suggested by the program and take a look into "/
var/log/rkhunter.log" to get more information (if any).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón