Re: Running fsck automatically on boot

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 12:37:08 -0800 (PST)
Sergio Padrino <sergio.padrino@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have Debian Unstable and sometimes there are some (typical) errors in my
> partitions:
>
> /dev/sda7: Superblock last mount time is in the future
> /dev/sda7: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY
>
> and I was wondering if there is a way to let fsck to run automatically in
> these cases. I have no problem with this (although it's kind of annoying :P)
> but my sister has no computer knowledge so it's hard for her to check her
> partitions :S

I don't know very much about this sort of thing, but I imagine that it
would be difficult to arrange, since fsck needs to be run on an
unmounted filesystem.

I suggest that you go after the cause of the problem, not the symptom.
Do you know why you're getting future times?  The only time I've had
this issue was when my hardware clock was getting altered (due to some
hack that stored data in the RTC nvram, as part of a debugging
procedure for suspend, IIRC).

Celejar