[OT] Customizing keyboard shortcuts in Iceweasel

Mozilla claims that it can't be done:

"Configuring keyboard shortcuts

Firefox does not provide any method of customizing keyboard shortcuts."

Is this for real (and up-to-date)?!  A serious, sophisticated GUI
application that doesn't allow this sort of customization?!

I suppose that I could file a wishlist bug, but if upstream already
acknowledges the deficiency, is there any point?

What I want to do is to bind keystroke combinations to bookmarks, so
that I can open sites easily with such combos.  Is there a way to do
this?

Celejar