Re: increasing screen resolution, nvidia xconf.org

Tomislav Butkovic wrote:
Hello,

I have been for the last few months trying to figure out how to increase the screen resolution on my Dell Inspiron 5150 running Debian Lenny with a GeForce FX Go5200 64mb.

The maximum screen resolution is currently 1024x768.
I have entered '1280x1024' into the xorg.conf file under Screen >> Mode

I am not sure how to proceed, but it would really be nice to have a larger screen resolution to work with. Would anyone be able to assist me? I have installed the nvidia drivers the 'debian way' rather than using the nvidia installer. I believe that is the reason I don't have access to 'nvidia-settings' like some people do. I'm not too familiar with working in a terminal or with debian linux.

If you have not installed nvidia-settings do so, nvidia-settings will only run in X mode, so open your console and type: nvidia-settings and that will start nvidia-settings, make what ever changes you need, these changes will only be in effect until you reboot, so after you make the changes, in the console type: su and then the root password now you can save the settings to x-config and the changes will stick.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263