Re: ssh -X Error: Can't open display: :0.0

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Javier Barroso <javibarroso@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Mathieu Malaterre

--deleted text--

> Excellent FAQ indeed !
>
>> I think you will have to disable -nolisten option in X see this bug
>> for reference:
>
> Hum, I did not understand what was going on in this bug report (very

I looked at it too, and it seemed to me to be stating the issue was a
user error.

Message 40 indicates the user included "server arguments to startx (-dpi
100)", which apparently prevents reading of the X server startup files.

In Message 45, the OP states "I didn't realise that server arguments
would bypass xserverrc."

So it would seem to be not relevant to your problem.

> cryptic). Instead I used:
>
>  $ mpirun -np 4 --hostfile ~/mpicluster -x DISPLAY=localhost:10 -x
> LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose /home/mpiuser/Kitware/VTK-gcc/bin/ParallelBFS
>
> Note that for some reason LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose avoids a crash I was getting:

--deleted error text--

In my experience, this usually means a bad pointer, which in one case
accesses memory in a location for which it has no permission or some
such, and in the other case is not "important".

In any case, there's a problem you should report to someone, I think.

Perhaps Nvidia?

--
Bob McGowan
Symantec