Re: The purchase of a new laptop on debian

Daniel Dalton:
> On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 03:24:31PM +0100, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>>
>> The only drawback is that you probably won't have that much fun running
>> stable on it, because I don't think stable supports the graphics chip
>
> I run squeeze

Then you shouldn't run into problems. The hardest part is to create a
USB stick with d-i on it (in case you don't have an external CD/DVD
drive). I think I used the testing installer.

>> yet. Wifi may be a problem as well (depending on the exact model). But
>
> Does wifi work on the X 200 though?

Yes. 2.6.30, which is in squeeze, should be fine. You just need to
install firmware-iwlwifi.

J.
--
My clothes aren't just fashion. They're a lifestyle.
[Agree]   [Disagree]