Re: NetBeans in contrib

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 08:45, Lars Tennstedt <oss@larstennstedt.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> sorry for bothering you, but I do not get it. Can anyone tell me why
> NetBeans-IDE is placed in contrib? It depends on the NetBeans-Plattform from
> contrib and this depends on OpenJDK 6 from main.

I think it's because it's developed by an external party and not
specifically for Debian. If it were to depend on java-sun6-jdk or
whatever the package is, it would be in non-free though-

But i'm no authority on the matter.

Regards,
Nuno Magalhães

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail