Re: Quick and dirty "debian live" on USB stick.

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 08:35:49PM EST, Rob Owens wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 01:30:43AM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:

[..]

> > So I guess the rules need to be cleaned up every time you know you
> > are using a given system for the last time?
> >
> You could try deleting the file that creates the persistent network
> interfaces:
>
> /etc/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules (on my Lenny
> system, anyway)
>
> I'm not sure what negative side-effects there might be, but I did this
> on my Debian-Live system so that my wired interface would always be
> "eth0".  It seems to work, but I'm sure there's a better way.

I guess the "better way" is to read (and digest) whatever udev doc is
available and run enough tests, possibly with differenty hardware, and
get an in-depth understanding of how it really works.

Unfortunately, this is hardly compatible with the QND approach :-)

Thanks,

CJ