migrate to new system disk

I currently have a 40GB IDE boot disk in a Lenny server.  I boot with
LILO, but not INITRD.  I have the following partitions:

/dev/hda1            4623        4865     1951897+  82  Linux swap
/dev/hda2   *        4607        4622      128520   83  Linux
/dev/hda3               1        4606    36997663+  83  Linux

Partition table entries are not in disk order

I would like to add a new IDE disk between say 160GB and 250GB, on
another IDE channel, and copy/mirror/etc the exact contents of the
current system disk to the new disk; make the new disk the system (boot)
disk, and remove the original disk from the machine.  I've never done a
disk migration such as this with Linux.

This is a production email firewall/gateway.  Thus, I need to have the
system down as little as possible to complete this.  I know I'll need to
enter single user mode to do the work.  I'm just not sure what work I
need to do in order to properly accomplish this task.

So, what's the best method to pull this off, guaranteeing (as best as
possible) that all the data made it across the river intact, with an
identical partition and directory structure, will identical permissions
on all dirs and files, and that will be bootable?  If I start up Postfix
after the migration to the new disk, and the queue directory/file
permissions are incorrect, my mail server would be dead in the water.

I've been unable to find a concise how-to via Google so far that gives
me the right comfort level on this.  I'm sure one of you can point me to
a good set of docs.

Thanks in advance.

--
Stan