Re: ssh closed by peer

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 11:50:21AM +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:

> Hi, I connected to my ssh server running ubuntu 9.10, from a machine
> running mintLinux (ubuntu based) , a few second  after,  connexion
> dropped with the message : read from socket failed, : Connexion reset
> by peer,

That means the remote side hung up, or you received a RST from some
device in between. This can be caused by a lot of things, but is most
likely due to a firewall or tcpwrappers denying the connection.

If there's nothing in your server-side log files, I'd try running
tcpdump on the client side and see if you are actually getting past the
handshake. If so, you might also need to check your sshd settings and
make sure everything is set up right for remote connections.

Good luck!

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"