Re: Unstable, LVM and Grub2: "error: you need to load the kernel first"

Thanks guys.

After setting the boot disk to "hd(0,0)" (from "hd(0,1)") and removing the
"/boot" suffix by editing the grub entry from the boot menu I got finally in
and aptitude update then pulled in a working version of grub-pc.

Joh