Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

[I think I replied in private by mistake]

On Thu,05.Nov.09, 15:56:48, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> Here's a template where you can fill in your favourites If something
> doesn't fit in any of the categories, put it under misc utilities.
> Please don't add what you haven't really used. You can include more
> than one entrant per category.
>
> audio editor:
> audio player:
mpd/mpc, mocp

> cd-ripper:
jack (the ripper)

> DBMS:
> desktop environment OR window manager:
Xfce

> development:
> disc burner:
k3b, wodim

> e-mail client:
mutt, claws-mail

rss reader:
akregator

> file manager:
Tux Commander (tuxcmd), Gnome Commander (gnome-commander), mc, bash

> finance:
> ftp client:
> games:
> image creator/editor:
> image viewer:
gpicview

> instant messenger:
pidgin

IRC client:
irssi

> mathematics:
> misc utilities:
ssh, git, screen, maildrop, nvidia-settings

network manager:
wicd (or move to misc utilities)

> p2p:
rtorrent

> package manager:
aptitude

> pdf/ps-reader:
evince, epdfview

> spreadsheet:
gnumeric

> terminal emulator:
rxvt-unicode, yeahconsole (with rxvt-unicode as backend)

> text editor:
vim

> video player:
mplayer, smplayer

> web browser:
vimperator (extension available only for iceweasel), links2

> word-processor:
LaTeX, Abiword

> non-free:
skype, nvidia driver

> SPECIAL CATEGORIES
> anything unreleased and highly anticipated:
nouveau (nvidia driver)

> anything dying/dead:
> anything deserving great honours (EG. Linux, GCC):
> any organisation/community deserving great honours (EG. GNU, Debian):
> any FLOSS developer deserving great honours (max 5 at most, unless you insist):

Regards,
Andrei