Re: Banging my head accessing my wifi

Dne, 04. 11. 2009 23:37:24 je Mathieu Malaterre napisal(a):

The first thing to make sure is that your router's MAC filtering isn't
on (and filtering your WiFi card out). The next thing is to disable all
security settings in yor router and your card (there'll be plenty of
time to set wpa keys later on, if and when you get the thing working).
Then, put the right commands in your e/n/i. Let me give you the
relevant snippet from my e/n/i which WORKS:

<snip>

# This was added by me to override DHCP and set a static IP
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
	address 192.168.2.123
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	gateway 192.168.2.1
	wireless-essid Type_your_ESSID_here

</snip>

Of course, this is a static configuration; if you want DHCP, then you
just leave out *any reference* to your wirelles interface in e/n/i.
That way, NetworkManager will take over and hopefully configure your
wireless on-the-fly.

--
Regards,

Klistvud