Re: Wireless and the rate

Scurz schreef:
> Celejar wrote:
>> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 20:46:03 +0100
>> Scurz <sfantar@snurf.info> wrote:

>>> The bit rate is at 11 Mb/s but I download all files at 300 ko/s, not
>>> more. The rate seems to be limited.
>>>
>> Is that KB/s or kb/s?  If the former, then we're talking something like
>> ~2.5 mb/s, and from what I understand, the maximum practical throughput
>> of 11Mbps is anyway only about ~5.5 Mbps, and that's under ideal
>> conditions.
>>
>> Celejar
>>

> The 300 are in ko. (or = kb). But anyway, 11Mbps are different of the
> 300ko/s. How to remove the limit of the 300 ?
Are you sure it is your wireless that's at fault? Try a cable to see if
you get better rates. Else, it seems that you still have an old b-mode
(11 Mbit) card, or at least that the driver doesn't support more. If
that's the case, you'll have to buy a g or n-mode card for a better
throughput, trying to change that with iwconfig will not help.
What kind of wireless card do you have?

Sjoerd