Re: Re: xpdf printing with pdftops

cat test.pdf | gs -q -dSAFER -sDEVICE=pswrite -dFIXEDMEDIA -dPDFFitPage -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -o %pipe%lpr -

The above combination of commands prints test.pdf on my default printer
after scaling it to fit the page. Therefore I would hope that the
following works as a print command for XPDF (which I have not used in
years, though):

gs -q -dSAFER -sDEVICE=pswrite -dFIXEDMEDIA -dPDFFitPage -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -o %pipe%lpr -

Thanks for the suggestion. The first line works (more or less) on the command line, but gives the warning:

GPL Ghostscript 8.62: **** Could not open the file lpr .

(I say more or less, because an image isn't printed correctly but replaced by a blurry box.)

The second inside xpdf gives the very same waring, but prints pages which are not scaled.

Any idea how I could correct this?

Thanks a lot

Andreas Gösele