A laptop installation challenge

AG put forth on 10/31/2009 12:49 PM:
> (3) The laptop's BIOS is too old to allow booting from a USB (only
> allows HD, CD or floppy).  It requires something to boot first before it
> can mount additional files such a USB stick.

AG put forth on 10/31/2009 10:41 AM:
> Then I copied a netinst *.iso image onto a USB stick and
> booted.

These two statements are contradictory.  If one is true, the other must
be false.  If you were able to boot the Debian installer once, you
should be able to boot from that device again, no?

What device did you boot from when you ran the Debian installer the
first time?

--
Stan