Re: jackd won't start in X

On 2009-09-05 02:05, tomdeb wrote:
Do you *need* jack?  I.e., are you doing sound mixing, editing, etc?

Well, I'd like to.

Good enough!!!  :)

What's wrong with starting jackd before starting X?

Nothing, it only seems weird to have to drop to tty1 to restart it.

Could you start it during system boot, from /etc/init.d/rc2, thus eliminating the need to drop to a tty?

BTW, [xkg]dm or startx?

I am also interested as to why this is so.

Probably some DE-related process is grabbing a needed resource. I'd just work around it, but that's the easy way.

--
Brawndo's got what plants crave.  It's got electrolytes!