Re: Fast booting for a Debian system - and suggestions for said system

>   I used to run IceWm...but recently I have become a convert to
> Fluxbox. It's even lighter than Icewm...and I think more versatile but

I might as well weigh in here in the spirit of Debian and just say that I've
never used Ice but I have used Fluxbox for a time after using Blackbox and
thought Fluxbox was a bit too fiddly so  decided to try the UDE, that's your
Unix Desktop Environment, and I found  it to be just right.

UDE is the bone of stability even in Sid and I like the uber simplicity and
lightness of being.  In fact it is curiously addictive once you know the
controls. I would just venture to say it is the zen of desktop envirnoments.

> the relatively sparse toolbar may put you (and him) off.

With UDE there is only a black field with an X for a cursor.  If that's
alarming you have instead a choice of British racing green or purple haze,
there being, nothing else.

UDE likes a three button mouse or a mouse with a wheel that also works as
a middle button.  The one I use is a Logitech laser USB radio mouse.

--
CK