Re: unlocking encrypted root via ssh

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 10:18:28PM -0400, Justin wrote:
> Or not? I managed to boot it successfully that way only once.
>
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Justin <eqisow@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > And the answer, for posterity, is that you do killall cryptroot*before*
> > running it from busybox.
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Justin <eqisow@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to unlock an encrypted root partition via SSH. I finally got to
> >> the point where I could log in via dropbear and run cryptroot successfully.
> >> After that I do a 'killall cryptroot & exit' and the boot process resumes.
> >> However, it hangs after populating /dev. I wasn't able to find ANY

what I found when i was having problems with encrypted bootfs, was when
i had a console and I setup the encrypt myself, I found that once udev
has populated it wanted to un encrypt the partition again, you might be
running into that - although I have never had a ssh'ed un encrypted boot
process

--
"I mean, I read the newspaper. I mean, I can tell you what the headlines are. I must confess, if I think the story is, like, not a fair appraisal, I'll move on. But I know what the story's about."

	- George W. Bush
12/12/2005
Philadelphia, PA