Re: Installation on Intel Core i7

On 03-08-2009, Timothy Wu <2huggie@gmail.com> wrote:
> --00163642729ff6ff900470395e87
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> On 03-08-2009, Timothy Wu <2huggie@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Does anybody have any experience installing Debian on i7? The
>> installation
>> > went smoothly but it didn't seem to boot. A horizontal cursor flashes on
>> > screen and I don't see anything else.
>> >

>> I use a core i7 920 since 6 months. Never had such a problem during
>> install (which just run fine without any problem).
>>
>> I don't think the problem is about the processor...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sylvain Le Gall
>>

> My configuration is i7 920, MSI X58M motherboard, three hard drives of 1T
> each, 12 G of RAM. Anything could cause a problem? What baffles me the most
> is that installation seems to be fine, and Ubuntu live CD runs fine.

i7 920, motherboard Asus P6T, 4 hard drive (640GB WD, 2 x 160GB Seagate,
32 GB SSD OCZ core v2), 12G RAM.

A horizontal cursor flashes means nothing to me... If you succeed
installing you should be OK with hard drive. Give more information
(kernel version should appear un GRUB menu e.g., do you use IDE/SATA or
(fake) RAID for install, what hard drive layout did you choose when
installing...)

Regards
Sylvain Le Gall