Re: Building Arora deb

In <[🔎] a94352370907310938o12430caay4fddcd5492ca6123@mail.gmail.com>, Patrick
Wiseman wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Michael Pobega
><pobega@fuzzydev.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks.  I generally use aptitude (which has no obvious way to return
>>> that kind of information) and tend to forget about the apt-* options.

While apt-get is not the preferred package manager.  apt-cache, apt-file,
etc. should still be in the toolbox of any Debian administrator.  (FWIW,
apt-file isn't in the same package as apt-get.)

>> Yes it does.
>>
>> [pobega@greedo ~]$ aptitude search ~ddebuild
>> p   devscripts      - scripts to make the life of a Debian Packager
>> easier p   devscripts-el   - Emacs wrappers for the commands in
>> devscripts p   pbuilder        - personal package builder for Debian
>> packages
>
>Hence my observation that aptitude has no OBVIOUS way to do it,
>especially since I use it in interactive mode.

From interactive mode:
1. Press l.
2. Backspace over the contents of the dialog or mini-buffer.
3. Type '~ddebuild'
4. Press return.