Re: detect ramtype

On 2009-07-31 03:26, Kousik Maiti wrote:
you can use *lshw* command.

In my case this is the part of memory output

*-memory
          physical id: 25
          slot: System board or motherboard
          size: 1GiB
          capacity: 1GiB
        *-bank:0
             physical id: 0
             slot: DIMM 1
             size: 1GiB
             width: 64 bits
        *-bank:1
             physical id: 1
             slot: DIMM 2

Interesting that yours doesn't tell you what *kind* of RAM. Although mine doesn't explicitly say DDR2.

        *-bank:0
             product: None
             vendor: None
             physical id: 0
             serial: None
             slot: A0
             size: 2GiB
             width: 64 bits
             clock: 800MHz (1.2ns)

2009/7/31 michal krajcirovic <konf@krajcirovic.cz>

Hi, I need to determine the type of RAM in the server, I could add more. Is
it a program that know what memory is currently in the server, without it I
had to disassemble? Dmidecode command output, although the size of RAM,
etc., but find out what it's slot, etc.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer