Re: *no crontab prob* [Was: Inquiry: How to set the crontab job permanently]

On 2009-07-26 15:08, Kevin Ross wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 04:48:15 -0500, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
wrote:
On 2009-07-26 02:38, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
[snip]

Simply copy to a place that isn't
cleaned up upon boot.  /tmp is intended for temporary storage, that's
why it's called /tmp.
But who in ${DEITY}'s name puts crontab entries in /tmp???

I can find no mention anywhere in this thread that says the OP put crontab entries in /tmp. The only reference to /tmp I see is the cp command copying stuff into /tmp. Am I missing something?

Why else would his crontab entries "disappear"? (I can think of some unflattering reasons, but we won't go there yet.)

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer