Re: sudo warning

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 19:24:39 -0600, Matthew Moore wrote:

>> How can I disable the sudo warning?
>
> From the sudoers manpage,
>
> lecture     This option controls when a short lecture will be printed
> along with the password prompt. . .
>
> Looks like you have set the lecture option in your sudoers file.

No I don't.

% grep lecture /etc/sudoers || echo no found
no found

But thanks to your points, I think I've found the reason.

>                    once    Only lecture the user the first time they run
>                    sudo.
>
> If no value is specified, a value of once is implied.

Sudo must have stored the weather-first-time value under one of the
following places:

$ grep ram /etc/fstab
/dev/ram1       /var/run        ramfs   defaults,rw,auto,dev            0
0
/dev/ram2       /var/state      ramfs   defaults,rw,auto,dev            0
0
/dev/ram3       /var/lock       ramfs   defaults,rw,auto,dev            0
0
/dev/ram4       /var/account    ramfs   defaults,rw,auto,dev            0
0
/dev/ram5       /var/log        ramfs   defaults,rw,auto,dev            0
0
/dev/ram6       /var/lib/gdm    ramfs   defaults,rw,auto,dev            0
0
#/dev/ram7      /var/tmp        ramfs   defaults,rw,auto,dev            0
0
/dev/ram        /tmp            ramfs   defaults,rw,auto,dev            0
0

That might explain why I kept getting the sudo warning (after each
reboot).

Or does it?

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)