Re: Is a Universal Desktop Experience possible?

On Saturday 11 July 2009, Mike Castle wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 5:13 AM, John Hasler<jhasler@debian.org> wrote:
>
> Instead of launching FF directly, I launch a wrapper with picks a
> different profile based on the machine name (and whether it's under
> VNC or not).  I keep one profile as the master, and have a script that
> syncs the rest to the master profile.  I keep any info I want shared
> in online systems (i..e, bookmarks, history).
>
> mrc

This is an interesting possibility.  I suppose a KDE wrapper with $KDEHOME
=  .kde.machinename/ could be made to work.  Hardlinks could be used
to "share" cooperating config files between differing machine logins.
I'll play around with that idea for a while.

thanks,
steve