Re: movies in a beamer (latex) presentation and linux (movie15)

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:48:55 +0530 (IST)
Girish Kulkarni <girish@hri.res.in> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > I tried to use the package movie15 to include a movie in a beamer
> > presentation (latex via lyx) which worked great under windows but
> > doesn't work under linux.
>
> Maybe this is an issue with your PDF viewer?  Have you tried
> appropriately recent versions of Acrobat Reader on Linux?

The latest acrobat on linux (9.1.something) mplayer and vls installed, no error
message from acrobat, it just shows the image instead of playing the movie.
After some googling it seems that this package doesn't work with linux, but I
would be happy to learn otherwise or whether there is a different method for
including a video in the presentation

Thanks