Re: KDE, openoffice bug

2009/7/7 Red Hen <alyssaalappen@gmail.com>:
> Sirs--
>
> I have designated Firefox my Debian Lenny system's MAIN web browser, as
> stipulated in the KDE Control Center.

Which version of KDE? Did you type in "/usr/bin/firefox" or "firefox"
or select Firefox from the list? Note that Firefox is called Iceweasel
in Debian due to restrictive Mozilla licensing.

> HOWEVER, I CANNOT open links in openoffice.org writer documents with
> firefox. No matter how many times I have reset the KDE Control component to
> stipulate firefox as the default web browser on my system, opening links in
> open office documents ALWAYS results in a Konqueror browser opening.
>
> If I then attempt to switch to a firefox browser, the system first downloads
> a file of the page in question and then opens the FILE with firefox. This is
> unacceptable. I want to be able to browse the web with firefox 3.5  located
> in my home  directory without Konqueror as an intermediary. I do not want
> Konqui to open from inside openoffice documents AT ALL.

This is a Firefox setting, but Firefox cannot open ODT documents
anyway so I find this unusual. What types of files, specifically, are
we talking about here?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com