Re: ia32-apt-get doesn't create ia32 package list

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:
> ia32-libs is going through a lot of changes at the moment, there is a
> huge thread about it on debian-devel. You *might* be able to fix stuff
> if you downgrade relevant packages to testing/squeeze.

I downgraded some packages to testing (ia32-libs, gcc, gcc libs, libc6,
libc6-i386, a few other random libraries) and now everything including
gcc -m32 works again.

>> I really need it for a talk tomorrow
>
> Are you using *unstable* for a production system?

Normally works fine of course, but obviously problems can and
occasionally do crop up (this ia32-apt-get thing was _seriously_
botched), so doing an upgrade a day before an important talk is not a
very good idea... :/

-Miles

--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?