Re: DVD download

Mark Neidorff ha scritto:
This concerns the 5.02 amd64 DVD #1

Yesterday I downloaded the debian-502-amd64-DVD-1.iso file from debian.org's site. It was 4.4 Gb, but it failed sha1sum verification, so today I again downloaded it, but it is now 2.0 Gb and again fails sha1sum. I have now downloaded the same file-- debian-502.amd64-DVD-1.iso -- from 2 mirrors and each time the file is 2.0 Gb in size. So, I'm guessing that something has gone wrong at Debian and the errors are mirrored to the other sites?
uh? I see the update cd is exactly 2.0G, could it be that you downloaded that by mistake? :)
Otherwise you might either
1) have a browser that can't download >2G - including my beloved iceweasel ==> google for something that works 2) download it by some other means, eg torrent (it also does checksums for you, just in case)

Should I even bother downloading the DVD image now or send a report to debian? If I should send a report, who should I send it to?

Thanks,

Mark

no idea about this