Re: Upgrade of Etch to Lenny Broke System

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 03:44:23AM +0200, Ogya Chief wrote:

> Hello All,
> In the process of upgrading my Etch system to Lenny, the system broke. I tried to run    dpkg --configure -a
> and this is what I got:
> Setting up libuuid1 (1.41.3-1)...groupadd: invalid option --Kusage: groupadd [-g gid [-o] groupdpkg: error processing libuuid1 (--configure):   subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2Errors were encountered while processing libuuid1
> What do I have to do to fix this?

1. Read release note to find out if this is
   documnted or not.  (maybe not)

2.  If this is package buggy, work around it.

  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_fixing_broken_packag

Doing this requires you to know system well.  So read not only above
section bual the whole chapter at least.

3. If this does not work, backup your system and make fresh install.

Osamu

~
~