Re: how do i grep boobies

Tyler MacDonald wrote:

> > > alias woman "locate; talk; date; uptime; gawk; head; clean; sleep"
> >
> > And then they wonder why some women find IT a hostile area....
> >
> > Seriously, there are female readers of this list.  Could we at least
> > pretend that the rest of you think we are human beings, not blow-up toys
> > for men to grope?
> >
> > In other words, please can we lay this rather offensive thread to rest?
>
> 	If a homosexual makes a pass at me or otherwise speaks in a sexual
> manner, I'm not offended, I'm just not interested.  I would have hoped that
> that the level of bigotry that causes people to be offended by such things,
> was removed from heterosexual relationships in 20th century as well.
>
> 	I think the common misconception that results in this mistaken
> offence, is that sexual attraction/desire is dehumanizing.  If anything, it
> promotes humanization.  I mean, how would you feel if this thread was about
> dogs?

I don't think she cares if _you're_ offended or not, she's asking nicely if
you'll stop because it does bother some people. Your feelings on the issue are
totally irrelevant, since you have no experience being constantly treated like
an object of someone's infantile desires, in the media, in the workplace, on
the bus or subway, _everywhere_.

It's called being polite and mature enough to put other people's feelings
before your own. Grow the hell up.