Re: how do i grep boobies

>> > alias woman "locate; talk; date; uptime; gawk; head; clean; sleep"
>>
>> And then they wonder why some women find IT a hostile area....
>>
>> Seriously, there are female readers of this list.  Could we at least pretend
>> that the rest of you think we are human beings, not blow-up toys for men to
>> grope?
>>
>> In other words, please can we lay this rather offensive thread to rest?

I am willing to drop the subject as Lisi mentioned that it offended
her. Jokes are meant to be fun, not offensive. I apologize to you
personally, Lisi, for the offence. If anybody else was offended you
can flame me now.

>        If a homosexual makes a pass at me or otherwise speaks in a sexual
> manner, I'm not offended, I'm just not interested.  I would have hoped that
> that the level of bigotry that causes people to be offended by such things,
> was removed from heterosexual relationships in 20th century as well.

This is my thought, exactly. I am married and have two children. That
does not stop a particular girl at my university from expressing
interest in me, nor a homosexual that I occasionally hang out with. I
make it clear that I'm not interested, and that is the end of it. As
with Lisi's issue: see mentioned that she doesn't want to see OT
threads on that particular subject, I am fine with that.

>        I think the common misconception that results in this mistaken
> offence, is that sexual attraction/desire is dehumanizing.  If anything, it
> promotes humanization.  I mean, how would you feel if this thread was about
> dogs?

It doesn't work that way, I've been trying for ages!

jaunty2@laptop:~$ woof
bash: woof: command not found
jaunty2@laptop:~$ bark
bash: bark: command not found