Re: iceweasel puzzle

On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 05:02:59PM +0200, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
[...]
> The login popup window is loaded somehow; I can read the source
> code. I can save it as a file, and open the file with iceweasel or
> opera: it is blank. Opera has two complaints (may or may not be
> related):
>
>    ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
>    preloaded: ignored.
>    ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
>    preloaded: ignored.
>
> This might be significant, although I have not a clue what it
> means. There are several files called libjvm.so and libawt.so on
> my system (installed by openoffice, sun jre, and openjdk6;
> "client" and "server" versions). But this sudoku site does not use
> java, only javascript. As long as you just want to play sudoku
> (with logging in) you don't even need javascript.

It may indeed be relevant. What window manager are you running? This
symptom appears in some window managers running java apps (most
notably in my experience, xmonad). The app will spawn and get a
window, but the window will just be a gray box. The solution in xmonad
(at one time, I'm a little out of step with it at the moment) was to

export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit

in .xinitrc. The reference to libawt.so makes me think this may be a
similar problem.

hth your hunt