Re: How to create hidden files?

On Fri,03.Jul.09, 18:52:51, Dennis Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> Back in the dim distant past I remember that one could create hidden
> or "secret" file with Basic on DOS and at least early Windows (3.0).
> I was never able to figure out where those files were.
>
> Any way, is there a way of doing this in linux? I know that some
> commands/programs won't show .xx files by default, but that isn't
> the same sort of thing as Basic did.

The equivalent of the DOS/Windows "hidden" attribute are the UNIX/Linux
dotfiles. If you wanted to hide some files beyond that there were
various tricks, like creating a file/directory named " " (space), as
they were not very obvious. I'm sure a google search will reveal some
equivalent tricks also for a UNIX/Linux environment.

What is it you are trying to achieve?

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)