Re: Cups - printer..........

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 21:52:41 +0200 Florian Kulzer
<florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> shared this with us all:

>On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 12:09:49 +1000, Charlie wrote:
>>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> Could someone please tell me what they have in their: Cups server>
>> Host and Port when they do: <kaddprinterwizard --kdeconfig>
>>
>> If they use cups and printer working in Debian Squeeze [testing]
>
>I have this on Sid (which should also work on Squeeze):
>
>Host: /var/run/cups/cups.sock
>Port: 631

Thank you for that Florian. Unfortunately the message I receive still
says:

A print error occurred. Error message received from system:

cupsdoprint -P 'Epson' -J 'thankuwrap.pdf' -H
'/var/run/cups/cups.sock:631' -U 'charlie' -o ' copies=1
orientation-requested=3'
'/home/charlie/.kde/tmp-taogypsy/kpdfzHyfab.ps' : execution failed with
message: client-error-document-format-not-supported

But it used to work with: Host: /var/run/cups/cups.sock
it also gives the same error message when Host: localhost

But it stopped working only since the last Cups upgrade? It won't print
from any program at all now.

So I suppose I have to wait for the next upgrade - or try to get <lpr>
working.

Thank you,
Charlie

---
Registered Linux User:- 329524
What is a country without rabbits and partridges? They are among the
most simple and indigenous animal products; ancient and venerable
families known to antiquity as to modern times; of the very hue and
substance of Nature, nearest allied to leaves and to the
ground. .....Henry David Thoreau

Linux Debian - just the best way to create magic