Re: Boot issue, new installation of Lenny with mirrored /boot and mirrored lvm2

Hi Franklin,

On Fri, July 3, 2009 4:36 pm, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> Your problem is probably inside your /boot/initrd... file
>
> You might want to "rebuild" it, using update-initramfs

Tried that, multiple ways:

update-initramfs -u -k all
update-initramfs -n -k all

> Also, did you read /usr/share/doc/mdadm/rootraiddoc.97.html (which is
> outdated, but gives good overview)

No, not yet.  But the other 346 machine is working fine and I don't think
that I have anything missing in my understanding.... other than why mdadm
isn't assembling the drives as it should on the 'bad' machine when the
processes are exactly the same and work fine on the 'good' machine.

> Hope this helps,

Thanks.

Kind Regards
AndrewM