Help with ndiswrapper and Broadcom wireless

I first tried to get wireless working following this page on the Debian Wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/bcm43xx

but then found out that my particular device was not supported by that driver.

I then tried the tutorial on this page:

http://wiki.debian.org/NdisWrapper

I have a Broadcom Corporation BCM4328 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 03), so I got the
driver from HP, the vendor of this notebook. It is installed, and shows up in
ndisgtk, but shows 'Hardware present: no'.

I installed wicd to see if that would at least let me see more of what was
going on, but although it says it's running, when I try to access the wicd
network manager, nothing opens. Gnome network manager shows no wireless
connection.

Any tips really greatly appreciated.