Re: iceweasel 3.5?

"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> writes:

> In <[🔎] 4A4B690E.5060803@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de>, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
>>If you really need/want iceweasel 3.5 you could either hope for a
>>backport [1] (I don't know if and when this will happen) or upgrade your
>>whole system to unstable.
>
> Or, run a mixed system.

In my experience, running a mixed system is trickier than getting the
program you need directly from the source (especially in cases where the
desired program isn't even in unstable yet!). At least for projects like
Firefox and OpenOffice, which are generally pretty straightforward to
install.

In the case of Firefox 3.5, it's pretty simple:

 download it from getfirefox.com
 extract it:
   tar -xvjf firefox-3.5.tar.bz2
 run firefox with:
   ~./firefox/firefox

You can put a symlink to ~/firefox/firefox in ~/bin/ or wherever is
convenient, or if you use a desktop with icons, add one that points to
~/firefox/firefox, and you're all done.

I just did that this morning. When Iceweasel 3.5 is ready for my testing
system, I'll install that as usual and delete ~/firefox/

Cheers,

Tyler

--
Friends don't let friends send Word documents

http://www.nothingisreal.com/dfki/no-word