Re: network-connected camera with motion-detection e-mail configurable in Linux?

On 06/08/2009 03:45:08 PM, Barclay, Daniel wrote:
Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> On 06/08/2009 03:30:21 PM, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
>>
>> On 06/08/2009 03:19:37 PM, Barclay, Daniel wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if there any wireless network-connected video
cameras
>>> with in-camera motion-detection-triggered e-mail notification that
are
>>> configurable via Linux?
>
>> If you want cool cameras that run Linux where you might
>> (possibly) be able to do everything on-camera see Elphel:
>> http://www3.elphel.com/index.php

You seem to have missed a key part of my question.  I was asking about
network-connected cameras--ones that do not require a host computer
(other than the computer "hosting" the browser) for viewing and,
hopefully, configuration and initial setup.

I don't think I missed that part.  The Elphel will, e.g., stream
ogg theora video viewable in, e.g., mplayer.  (With high resolution
and high frame rates too.)  Or do you mean that
the camera must have a video display attached?

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein