Re: kde4 installation problems

raman narasimhan a écrit :
> i tried to install kde4 as per the instructions given in
> *http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/experimental.html
> didnt succeed, please see part 2, and guide me

[snip]

> *2. got many broken dependencies:
> *
> debian:~# *apt-get -t experimental install kde4*
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

> *  kde4: Depends: kde4-minimal (>= 1) but it is not going to be installed
>         Depends: kdeartwork (>= 4:4.2.0) but it is not going to be installed
>         Depends: kdepim (>= 4:4.2.0) but it is not going to be installed*
> E: Broken packages
>
> debian:~# *apt-get -t experimental install kde4-minimal*
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

> *  kde4-minimal: Depends: kdebase-workspace (>= 4:4.2.0) but it is not
> going to be installed
> E: Broken packages

[snip]

Hi,

maybe try with aptitude, it's often more efficient in this kind of
situation. Starting with kde4-minimal may also be a good idea (less
packages thrown in at the same time). I had kde4 installed on Lenny not
long before it get released as stable (was still testing), it should
still be possible to do so now.

Tom