Re: iptables not opening ports after reinstall of lenny

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:46:44PM -0500, Rob Singelais wrote:
> Alex Samad wrote:
>> on that box, try turning off iptables, try a wget -v canyouseeme.org -O
>> /dev/null
>>
>> what does
>>
>> netstat -panelt | grep 8080
>>
>> give you and show us /etc/hosts.allow and hosts.deny
>>

> wget went through fine.

strange your 2nd line should allow for that ? is canyouseeme.org on the
same box ?

http://pastebin.com/m1070b979

try iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 8080 -j LOG
and see what it logs

> After turning off iptables.
>
> linux:/home/rob# netstat -panelt | grep 8080
> linux:/home/rob#

[snip]

--
"I haven't had a chance to talk, but I'm confident we'll get a bill that I can live with if we don't."

	- George W. Bush
06/13/2001
referring to the McCain-Kennedy patients' bill of rights