Re: Proper "modern" way to install TrueType fonts in Lenny/Sid?

Kent West wrote:

> I'm trying to use an early-semitic font (midway down page
> http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/30_intro.html) on my Sid system.

The "fc-cache" way is the right way to go, but that specific font seems
to be buggy. The problem is that the font name is "Picto Hig" instead of
"Semitic Early". To fix it use fontforge  to edit the font name,
generate the truetype font, place it under ~/.fonts (for example) and
re-run fc-cache. Worked for me (apart for a few warning messages from
fontforge that I ignored).

Enjoy,
Avi