Re: Problems with python on etch

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:47:23 +0100, Michael Schwartzkopff (misch@multinet.de) wrote:

> Bob Cox schrieb:
>> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:44:40 +0100, Michael Schwartzkopff
>> (misch@multinet.de) wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> since this morning I have problems installing any packages that are
>>> related to python on my fully patched debian etch system. See output
>>> of the command at the end of the mail. Am I the only one or does
>>> somebody else also see these problems?
>>>
>>> Michael Schwartzkopff.
>>>

>> Hello Michael
>>
>> I wonder if we could take a look at your /etc/apt/sources.list file
>> please?
>>

> Here you are:
> # cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> #
> #  /etc/apt/sources.list
> #
>

> #
> # etch
> #
> deb     http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/     etch main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/     etch main contrib non-free
                                               ^^^^

> #
> #  Security updates
> #
> deb     http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates  main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates  main contrib non-free
                                      ^^^^^^
There is your problem, I have little doubt.  You are mixing etch and
lenny, because lenny is now stable and etch has become oldstable.

You may have to downgrade back to what is now oldstable (etch) or
upgrade fully to stable (lenny).

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.