Lenny sun-java6-doc installation issue

  Hi all --

  I'm experimenting with various Java versions on one of my new
Lenny installs, and I'm having a problem with the "sun-java6-doc"
package.

  This package says it's an installer package only, and doesn't
provide the actual docs, but prompts the user to go to
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads, and get one of two files
(jdk-6u12-docs.zip or jdk-6u12-docs-ja.zip), put it in /tmp
owned by root:root, and then continue the package installation.

  This is all fine, I understand (at least in theory) why this
is necessary, but the problem is, I can't find that file on
the download site.

  Part of the problem, of course, is that the Sun download site
is oriented around their bundles, and is about acquiring particular
functionality from Sun, so they're not motivated to help me find
actual files.

  There is a "documentation" link there, but it's two updates
old, it refers to jdk-6u10-docs.zip.

  My second guess was that the docs are inside the JDK bundle,
so I downloaded that, but it's not obvious to me how to extract
the stand-alone docs file from this thing, with or without
installing it.

  Has anyone done this already?  How does it work?

  My other idea, which I haven't tried yet, is to download
that jdk-6u10-docs.zip file and just rename it to satisfy
the package installer, but this is not a satisfying solution
to me.

					-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net