Re: Java in Debian 5

2009/2/21 Bret Busby <bret@busby.net>:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:31:27AM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:
>> If you install the desktop task you also get OpenOffice.org that depends
>> on a Java JRE.

> So, to use Open Office, Java is needed?
>
> I understood that Open Office could be run without Java, unless a person
> wanted to use the Open Office database.

If you install a desktop task then the openoffice.org meta package is
installed and that depends on all of the openoffice packages which
also depends on a java JDK.

You can install the openoffice items separately thereby not requiring
Java to be installed.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.