Logitech MX Revolution/MX1100

Hello all,

I'm thinking about replacing my mouse soon as the ball is starting to stick
after about a decade of use, and I'm looking at either the Logitech MX
Revolution or MX1100. Does anybody have any experience with either of these in
Linux? I'm particularly interested in whether the special features work, like
the magic scroll wheel, extra buttons, and (on the Revolution) the extra scroll
wheel plus the ability to move the wheel left or right.

I'm a little wary since my current mouse has a thumb button which only seems to
do anything when using the special driver in Windows, so I don't want to pay
for features if they won't work for me.

Thanks,
Nye