Re: Lenny?

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Guillermo Garron engaged keyboard and shared this with us
all:
>--} On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
>--} <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
>--} > On Sunday 15 February 2009 15:35:42 Charlie wrote:
>--} >> After doing # apt-get update
>--} >> Then get this: # apt-get upgrade
>--} >> Then do this: # apt-get dselect-upgrade
>--} >> What am I missing?
>--} >
>--} > Try 'aptitude dist-upgrade'.  Aptitude is the preferred package
> manager since --} > at least Etch.
>--}
>--} Hi,
>--}
>--} I have used this instructions a lot of time ago, with no problems,
>--} these instructions I have written afte the succesful upgrade of my PC
>--}
>--} http://www.go2linux.org/upgrading-debian
>--}
>--} hope it helps.
>--} regards,
>--}
>--}
>--} >
>--} > However, you should see the Lenny release notes for the proper way to
> upgrade. --} > In general, you should update 'dpkg', 'apt', and 'aptitude'
> to their Lenny --} > versions before updating everything.
>--} >
>--} > If, for some reason, aptitude also wants to remove some packages, we
> can --} > troubleshoot better from there.  If we need to troubleshoot, the
> output of --} > 'apt-cache policy', 'aptitude install', 'aptitude upgrade',
> and 'aptitude --} > dist-upgrade' would probably be the best start.
>--} > --
>--} > Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                   ,= ,-_-. =.
>--} > bss@iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))
>--} > ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy         `-'(. .)`-'
>--} > http://iguanasuicide.net/                    \_/

>--} --
>--} Guillermo Garron
>--} "Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends
> are." --} (Using Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo)
>--} http://feeds.feedburner.com/go2linux
>--} http://www.go2linux.org
>--}

I have been on testing all along. This system is always on testing, never
comes off it at all, this isn't an upgrade, it is a continuance of testing
since etch was testing.

But will give it a try, in case aptitude does it better than apt?

Thank you,
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
Never doubt the potential of creative idleness being a way of life. Man was

Debian, just the best way to create magic