Re: AD-like environment under Linux

On 02/02/2009 03:11 PM, Nagy Dániel wrote:
Is there an Active Directory - like "environment" under Linux? [I mean
like the roaming profile, - that a user sits to any computer, and can
log in with user/pass, and see he's desktop.]

          Linux server
           /               \
Linux clients?      Windows clients?

OR:

         Windows server with
Linux clients?      Windows clients?

eg.: I have a Linux server, and can a Windows client log in with eg. a
roaming profile?

Samba4 is what you want. But documentation is sparse. Hope you have a test LAN.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA