Re: Release Cycle

Just jumping in on one small point.

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 12:28:44PM -0800, Ken Teague wrote:

> I can't put an exact number on it, but I think there are more than a
> thousand Debian developers from various parts of the world, each of whom
> have a life outside of Debian development.  Without payment, I don't
> think such a feat can be accomplished.  How does Ubuntu do it?  I think
> kit's because Debian developers are footing most of the work for them.

Doesn't actually make much sense, if you think about it.  If the packages
are updated by Debian developers, surely that would help Debian to its next
release, too?  Anyway, IIRC someone posted to this list last year that a
great number of Ubuntu developers are also the Debian developer for the same
package.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!