Re: OT: laptop recomendations

On Sat January 3 2009, Daryl Styrk wrote:
> My T-61 has far surpassed what I expected of it..  Expensive??  Depends
> on what you consider expensive..  A $29 bag of chips is expensive.. A
> lappy built to take abuse and somehow remain useable is priceless..

my Dell XPS laptop is over 3 years old. I travel with it all the time.. in..
out of the case, through airport security, rental cars, hotels... I busted
the "V" key last year, replaced the keyboard myself. I didn't understand the
ordering thingie and ended up with a French keybord. The "\" isn't written on
the right key,but I know it's there, and it has the British pound symbol,
not "#" above the 3. For $10 I should get a real US keyboard, but it hasn't
agravated me enough yet. I keep hoping it will die, so I can get a new
laptop.. I'm jealous of my wifes new Dell Inspiron 1525!!!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800